The best and most popular healthy food is named by date. Sweets and tasty combinations make it popular along with its nutritional value. It’s a good source of iron, potassium, calcium, fibre, protein and more. All ages can take dates and it’s very popular, especially during Ramadan. After a day-long fasting, it can provide a lot of energy and all the nutritional value for a man.
Once it was a Saudi Arab-based food due to climates, weather and soil. Date tree also has a long history of cultivation in Saudi. But now a day, Iraq, Tunisia, Algeria, The United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Iran and more middle-state countries are exporting different quality dates named by different names.
Dates have so many types, and one variety of dates can have so many names in different countries. In case you are wondering what date varieties are better than others.
Here summarize a shortlist, according to their popularity and availability in our country. As it’s a good source of nutrition in our food habit. So, any kind of date fruit in our daily diet list a good habit.
1. Medjool: Medjool dates are soft and delicious sweet dates with a rich taste and contain high moisture.
2. Mabroom: The Mabroom dates aren’t very sweet but have a feature taste and chewy flesh.
3. Amber: They are semi-dry and sweet and have a delightful flavour. It is also known as the ‘date of the light’ because the centre of the date looks golden or light.
4. Azwa: Most expensive due to its historical background of cultivation. These dates are black and medium in size.
The Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, “Whoever has seven Azwa dates every morning, he will not be harmed on that day by poison or magic.”
5. Mariam: Mariam is a big sized and dark brown dates. Which are grown in many tropical regions of the world.These Mariam dates have a low sweetness level and are suitable for consumption by diabetics.
6. Sukkary: Sukkary dates cultivated in Al Qaseem regions in Saudi Arabia. Sukkary dates
are the queen of dates. Golden in color and soft.
7. Kalmi: Safawi Dates are also known as Kalmi dates. They are of medium to large size.
8. Piarom: Piarom dates are long and thin. They are semi-dried dates and have dark brown.
9. Zahidi: Zahidi is also on the dates list, which is medium-sized and oval in shape. They have light brown skin.
In Bangladesh, weather conditions are helping to improve the cultivation of different types of dates. It has been proved by some successful farmers a few years ago. Day by day new gardens are increasing and they provide a role in local market demand.